Sunday, January 11, 2009

Keeping up

A terrific source of information about the new media is the old media, in this case radio (which I listen to on my iPod at a time convenient for me!).

SPARK is produced by CBC and doesn't focus a lot of time on gadgets but rather on meaning; How does the new media affect people; what is the impact on today's society etc. It's available as a download or as a free Podcast through iTunes.

Another program which explores similar issues but from an international perspective is Digital Planet from the BBC. What I enjoy about the program is learning how far behind we are in North America when it comes to using some of the new media, especially cell phone communication.

It's not easy to keep up with digital developments, but these two programs sure help. If you have others I should know about, let me know in the comments.

No comments: